You may not know that many non-living things have a gender. For example...
1) Ziploc Bags -- They are Male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them.
2) Copiers -- They are Female, because once turned off, it takes a while to warm them up again. It's an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are pushed, but can wreak havoc if the wrong buttons are pushed.
3) Tire -- Male, because it goes bald and it's often over-inflated.
4) Hot Air Balloon -- Male, because, to get it to go anywhere, you have to light a fire under it, and of course, there's the hot air part.
5) Web Page -- Female, because it's always getting hit on.
6) Subway -- Male, because it uses the same old lines to pick people up.
7) Hourglass -- Female, because over time, the weight shifts to the bottom.
8) Hammer -- Male, because it hasn't changed much over the last 5,000 years, but it's handy to have around.
9) Remote Control -- Female...... You may have thought it'd be male. But consider this -- it gives a man pleasure, he'd be lost without it, and while he doesn't always know the right buttons to push, he keeps trying.